Last Revised: June 07, 2021
3. The Services of Tidex are aimed at facilitation of Token exchange, and shall not be used as a web wallet or address changing service. Tidex may prohibit any User from using its Site and/or Services at all outside of their purpose (including in cases of opening an Account and subsequent closure without any actual trading occurring) or in breach of any law or regulation.
4. Tidex does not deal in, advise on or arrange deals in Tokens that fall within the classes of assets, rights and interests such as shares, instruments creating or acknowledging indebtedness, instruments giving entitlements to securities, options, futures, and other securities.
5. Tidex does not take custody of users’ private keys to their Tokens, nor provides any other services different from the ones indicated in present section. All private keys and information of the User are stored locally at the devices used by User to access the Site and Services.
6. These Terms affect your legal rights and obligations, including but not limited to your right to file a lawsuit in court. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, do not access or use the Services.
7. Tidex reserves the right to change or modify the terms and conditions contained in these Terms, including but not limited to any policy or guideline of the Site, at any time and at its sole discretion. We will provide notice of these changes by posting the revised Terms at the Site and changing the «Last Revised» date at the top of the Terms, or by emailing Users at their provided email addresses. Method of notification will be left to Tidex’s sole discretion. Using a particular form of notice in some instances does not obligate us to use the same form in other instances. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting the revisions to the Site or at the instant that Tidex transmits the information to the Users (e.g. via email). These changes will apply at that instant to all then current and subsequent uses of the Site. You waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications. Your continued use of this Site acts as acceptance of such changes or modifications. If you do not agree to the Terms in effect when you access or use the Site, you must stop using the Site.
8. By accessing or using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and have not previously been suspended or removed from the Site or using the Services. You also represent and warrant that you
(i) are not a citizen or entity of;
(ii) are not formed in;
(iii) do not reside in;
(iv) are not located in;
(v) do not have a place of business in; and
(vi) are not conducting business in (any of which makes you a “Resident”) of a Restricted State: The United States, the Cayman Islands, South Korea, the People’s Republic of China, excluding Hong Kong and the Republic of China (a.k.a. Taiwan) , the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea. The list of Restricted States is subject to change at any time. In the event a state becomes a Restricted State, Tidex will provide Users residing in that state with notice via email, a notification on our Site, or other means as we deem necessary, regarding their access to the Services. You also represent and warrant that you are not a Resident of any other state or jurisdiction, where using Tidex is illegal or prohibited, and/or that requires Tidex to obtain a money services business, money transmitter or virtual currency businesses license or registration.
9. You also represent and warrant that you did not also acquire any Tokens within a Restricted State and will not transfer any Tokens acquired on the Site to a Resident of a Restricted State or within a Restricted State.
10. You represent and warrant that you are not:
(a) located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country to which the United States has embargoed goods or services;
(b) identified as a «Specially Designated National,» or
(c) placed on the U.S. Commerce Department’s Denied Persons List. You further represent and warrant that you will not use the Site if the laws of your country prohibit you from doing so in accordance with these Terms.
11. You represent and warrant that you will not be using this Site for any illegal activity, including but not limited to illegal gambling, money laundering, fraud, blackmail, extortion, ransoming data pump-and-dump schemes or the financing of terrorism, or other violent activities.
12. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Tidex may not make the Services, in whole or in part, available in every market or jurisdiction.
ACCOUNT AND INITIAL FUNDING; THIRD PARTY TRANSFERS
13.In order to access and use the Services, you must create an account with Tidex (an «Account»). You agree to:
(a) provide accurate, current and complete information when creating the Account;
(b) maintain and promptly update your Account information to keep it accurate, complete, and current;
(c) maintain the security and confidentiality of your login credentials and restrict access to your Account and your computer, tablet, or mobile device;
(d) promptly notify Tidex if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to the Site or your Account; and
(e) take responsibility for all activities that occur under your Account and accept all risks of unauthorized access.
14. Tidex reserves the right to limit the number of Accounts that any User can open or hold.
15. You further agree not to share your user credentials to access your Account with any other person for the purpose of facilitating their unauthorized access to Tidex’ Site and other services. If you do share your user credentials with anyone, we will consider their activities to have been authorized by you. You alone are responsible for any acts or omissions that might occur through the using of your user credentials and your Account. We reserve the right to suspend and/or block your access to the Site and/or put a temporally hold on transactions with Tokens in your Account(s) upon suspicion of any unauthorized access or use, or any attempt thereof, including request for change of user credentials, by anyone using your user credentials and/or your Account.
16. You must provide Tidex with a valid email address to create an Account. You agree to keep your email address on file with us updated. You may withdraw your consent to receive emails by sending a withdrawal notice to Tidex, understanding that Tidex may suspend or terminate your ability to use the Services. You understand and agree that if Tidex sends you an electronic communication, but you do not receive it because your email address on file is incorrect or out of date, or because our email is blocked by your service provider or intercepted by your spam filter, or you are otherwise unable to receive electronic communications, Tidex will be deemed to have provided the communication to you nonetheless.
17. Tidex does not allow Users to exchange Tokens for money (i.e. «fiat currency» or «fiat»); Users can only exchange Tokens for other Tokens. In order to fund your Account and begin trading, you will need to first obtain Tokens. Once you have lawfully obtained Tokens, you must send Tokens to the address provided by Tidex and wait for the Token balance to appear in your Account. It is your responsibility to ensure that you send Tokens to the correct address. If you send Tokens to the wrong address, your funds may never be recovered. Tidex makes no representations or warranties regarding the amount of time that may be required to complete transfer of your Tokens from a third-party wallet or other source and have such Tokens become available in your Account.
18. When you elect to transfer Tokens from your Account to a third-party wallet or an address other than Tisex address, it is always possible the party administering the new location may reject your transfer or that the transfer may fail due to technical or other issues affecting our Platform. You agree that you shall not hold Tidex liable for any damages arising from a rejected transfer.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION OVER THE INTERNET
RISK DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
21. Tidex provides an execution-only service and does not advise on the merits of any transactions or their tax consequences. As a general matter, Users should be aware of the following prior to utilizing our Services.
22. Trading Tokens can be extremely risky.Each Token has a unique feature set that makes it more or less likely to fluctuate in value. In addition, factors beyond Tidex’s control may affect market liquidity for a particular Token, such as regulatory activity, market manipulation, or unexplainable price volatility. Blockchain networks may go offline, experience interruptions of operations and/or loose data as a result of bugs, hard forks, or a number of other unforeseeable reasons, which may lead to temporary or permanent inability to use or loss of Tokens. Tidex does not assume the risk of losses due to trading or due to factors beyond its control regarding the viability of specific blockchain networks. As a general matter, Users with limited trading experience and low risk tolerance shall not engage in active trading. Speculating on the value of Tokens is a high risk activity and Users should never trade more than they can afford to lose.
23. Understanding Tokens requires advanced technical knowledge. Tokens are often described in exceedingly technical language that requires a comprehensive understanding of applied cryptography, computer science, and economic theory to appreciate inherent risks. Listing of a Token does not indicate approval or disapproval of the underlying technology regarding any Token and should not be used as a substitute for your own understanding of the risks specific to each Token. We give you no warranty as to the suitability of the Tokens traded under these Terms and assume no fiduciary duty in our relations with you.
24. You accept the risk of trading Tokens.In entering into any transaction the Platform, you represent that you have been, are, and will be solely responsible for making your own independent appraisal and investigations into the risks of the transaction and the underlying Tokens. You represent that you have sufficient knowledge, market sophistication, professional advice, and experience to make your own evaluation of the merits and risks of any transaction or any underlying Token.
25. You are responsible for complying with applicable law and payment of taxes.You agree that Tidex is not responsible for determining whether or which laws may apply to your transactions, including tax law. You bear the sole responsibility for your actions made through or with your Account and you are solely responsible for reporting and paying any taxes arising from your use of the Services.
26. You are aware of and accept the risk of operational challenges. Tidex may experience sophisticated cyberattacks, unexpected surges in activity, or other operational or technical difficulties that may cause interruptions in the Service. You understand that the Service may experience operational issues that lead to delays on our Site. You agree to accept the risk of transaction failure resulting from unanticipated or heightened technical difficulties, including those resulting from sophisticated attacks. You agree not to hold Tidex accountable for any related losses.
27. Tidex does not provide advice to any Users. If at any point Tidex or its representatives do provide trading recommendations, market commentary, or any other information, the act of doing so is incidental to your relationship with us and imposes no obligation of truth or due diligence on behalf of Tidex or its representatives.
28. Tidex must comply with applicable law. Applicable law, regulation, and executive orders may require Tidex to, upon request by government agencies, freeze withdrawals or trading (or both), and/or delist the Token, or provide information regarding your Account to the authorized persons. Further, our recordkeeping and customer verification procedures are subject to change at any time as required by law or industry practices. We must comply with the law and you accept any inconveniences to you or other consequences resulting from our compliance.
29. Users accept all consequences of sending Tokens to an address off our Platform. Token transactions may not be reversible. Once you send Tokens to an address, you accept the risk that you may lose access to your Tokens indefinitely. For example, an address may have been entered incorrectly and the true owner of the address may never be discovered, or an address may belong to an entity that will not return your Tokens, or an address belongs to an entity that may return your Tokens but first requires action on your part, such as verification of your identity.
30. You are aware and accept the risks pertaining to forked networks. You understand that the underlying protocols are subject to sudden changes in operating rules (i.e., «Forks»), and that such Forks may materially affect the value, function, and/or even the name of the Tokens you store in your Account. You agree to accept all costs of the above mentioned risks. You agree not to hold Tidex accountable for any related losses.
LIMITED LICENSE; FEES
31.Tidex grants you a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable license, subject to these Terms, to access and use the Services, and the content, materials, information, and functionality available in connection therewith (collectively, the «Content») solely for information, transactional, or other approved purposes as expressly permitted by Tidex from time to time. Any other use of the Services or Content is expressly prohibited. All other rights on the Site,in particular, on its Content, are reserved by us and our licensors. You will not otherwise copy, transmit, distribute, sell, resell, license, de-compile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, publish, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, perform, display, incorporate into another website, or in any other way exploit any of the Content or any other part of the Site or any derivative works thereof, in whole or in part for commercial or non-commercial purposes. Without limiting the foregoing, you will not frame or display the Site or Content (or any portion thereof) as part of any other web site or any other work of authorship without the prior written permission of Tidex. If you violate any portion of these Terms, your permission to access and use the Site may be terminated immediately pursuant to these Terms. In addition, we reserve the right to avail ourselves of all remedies available at law and in equity for any such violation. «Tidex.com», «Tidex», and all logos related to the Services or displayed on the Site are either trademarks or registered marks of Tidex or its licensor. You may not copy, imitate, or use them without Tidex’s prior written consent.
32. In consideration for the use of the Services, you agree to pay to Tidex the fees for completed trades and other Services (if applicable), as set forth in our fee schedule available at https://tidex.com/exchange/pairs-spec or otherwise at the Site , which Tidex may revise or update in its sole discretion from time to time. You authorize Tidex to deduct any applicable fees from your Account at the time you make a given transaction. Changes to the fees applicable by Tidex are effective as of the date set forth in any revision and will apply prospectively from that date forward.
33. Tidex does not, generally, participate in promotions without an official announcement, either on our Site or elsewhere. You shall obtain written approval from Tidex prior to releasing any statements, written media releases, public announcements, and public disclosures, including promotional or marketing materials, relating to Tidex.
ATTACKS ON BLOCKCHAIN NETWORKS AND/OR THE SITE OR SERVICES
34.Tidex does not have any ability to prevent or mitigate attacks on blockchain networks and/or on the Site as a whole. With respect to the Site, Tidex reserves the right to take the following commercially reasonable actions in the event of an attack:
(i) if Tidex is able to confirm that a Token active on the Site has been compromised or is under attack, Tidex may immediately halt trading, deposits, and withdrawals for such Token;
(ii) if it is determined that such an attack caused the Token to greatly decrease in value, Tidex may discontinue trade activity on such Token entirely. Tidex may, does not have any obligation to undertake any actions in relation to attacks on blockchain networks and/or the Site as a whole.
35.Decisions and actions concerning deposits, withdrawals, and User balances for an attacked Token will be determined on a case-by-case basis by Tidex in its sole discretion. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Tidex makes no representation and does not warrant the safety of the Site and is not liable for any lost value or stolen property, whether or not Tidex undertook any actions in providing the proper security thereof.
36. ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING (AML) & KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER (KYC) POLICY
37. Tidex aims to conduct its business in accordance with all applicable anti-money laundering (AML) laws and regulations.
38.Tidex protects itself from involvement in any activity that facilitates money laundering or other criminal activities by following the general principals of the AML compliance. If a User or a User’s transaction is flagged as suspicious through our internal controls, Tidex will require additional proof of identification from the User and has the right to not permit any trades, deposits, and/or withdrawals until additional and verifiable proof of identity satisfactory to Tidex in its sole discretion is received and Tidex has approved the User for use of the Site.
39. By agreeing to our Terms, you acknowledge and understand that Tidex maintains verification levels which require User participation and verification to obtain, with leveled permissions based on User-supplied information, our ability to verify it, and our internal policies. You accept that you may not be able to achieve a desired level of verification, and Tidex reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, the appropriate verification level, and criteria for any User, as well as the right to downgrade Users without prior notice. Tidex may, from time to time, implement policies restricting verification levels and criteria by nationality, country of residence, or any other factor. This may affect your ability to withdraw Tokens and you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Tidex against any losses associated with an inability to deposit and/or withdraw Tokens based on the verification level assigned by Tidex to your Account.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
40. Tidex and its Users may provide third party content on the Site and may provide links to web pages and content that are not owned or controlled by Tidex (collectively the «Third Party Content») as a service to those interested in this information. Tidex does not control, endorse, or adopt any Third Party Content and makes no representation or warranties of any kind regarding the Third Party Content, including but not limited to its accuracy or completeness. You acknowledge and agree that Tidex is not responsible or liable in any manner for any Third Party Content and undertakes no responsibility to update or review any Third Party Content. You acknowledge that your use of such Third Party Content is at your own risk. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, any third parties, and any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and such third parties. Tidex is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or promotions or as the result of the presence of such Third Party Content on the Site.
COPYRIGHT OF FEEDBACK MATERIALS
41.You acknowledge and agree that any materials, including but not limited to questions, comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas, plans, notes, drawings, original or creative materials or other information or commentary you provide on our Site or one of our social media accounts, regarding Tidex or the Services (collectively, «Feedback») that are provided by you, whether by email, posting to the Site or otherwise, are non-confidential and will become the sole property of Tidex. Tidex will own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of such Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
USER CONDUCT AND OBLIGATIONS
42 In connection with your use of the Services you will not do any actions that have a negative effect on the Site or on its Users’ activity, including but not limited:
- Violate or assist any party in violating any law, statute, ordinance, regulation or any rule of any self-regulatory or similar organization of which you are or are required to be a member through your use of the Services;
- Provide false, inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information;
- Infringe upon Tidex’s or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, or intellectual property rights;
- Distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, any junk mail, spam, or chain letters;
- Use a web crawler or similar technique to access our Services or to extract data,
- Reverse engineer or disassemble any aspect of the Site or Services in order to access and/or a copy any source code, underlying ideas and concepts, and algorithms;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or detrimentally interfere with, intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or information;
- Transmit or upload any material to the Site that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or any other harmful or deleterious programs;
- Otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other Tidex Accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site, through password mining or any other means; or
- Transfer any rights granted to you under these Terms.
43. While the Account and the Services provided to a User are not transferable under any circumstance and shall be used only by the User, Tidex shall have the right to transfer, assign, or sell all its rights, benefits, or obligations to any person and these Terms shall continue to be in force and effect for the benefit of the successors and assigns of Tidex or its lenders, if any.
ELECTRONIC TRADING TERMS
44. Tidex does not own or control any of the underlying software through which blockchain networks are formed and Tokens are created and transacted. In general, the underlying software for blockchain networks tends to be open source such that anyone can use, copy, modify, and distribute it. By using the Services, you acknowledge and agree (i) that Tidex is not responsible for operation of the underlying software and networks that support Tokens and that Tidex makes no guarantee of functionality, security, or availability of such software and networks; and (ii) that the underlying protocols are subject to sudden changes in operating rules ( e.g. «Forks»), and that such Forks may materially affect the value, function, and/or even the name of the Tokens you store in your Account. In the event of a Fork, you agree that Tidex may temporarily suspend the Services (with or without advance notice to you) and that Tidex may, in its sole discretion, (a) configure or reconfigure its systems or (b) decide not to support (or cease supporting) the Forked network entirely, provided, however, that you will have an opportunity to withdraw Tokens on at least one of still existent underlying networks. You acknowledge and agree that Tidex assumes absolutely no responsibility whatsoever in respect of any underlying software protocols, whether Forked or not.
45. Tidex may delist a Token at any time in its sole discretion based on several factors, one of which may include changes in a given Token’s characteristics after Tidex has listed this Token.
46. Tidex may delist a Token at any time in its sole discretion based on a number of factors, one of which may include changes in a given Token’s characteristics after Tidex has listed the Token. In the event Tidex delists a Token, Tidex will not be responsible for any costs or expenses you may incur with respect to such Tokens being in your account.
47. A transaction made through the Site may fail for several reasons, including but not limited to change in seller prices, or unanticipated technical difficulties. We make no representation or warrant that any transaction will be executed properly. Tidex is under no circumstances liable for any loss or injury suffered by a failure of a transaction to complete properly or in a timely manner. Further, Tidex is in no way responsible for notifying you of a transaction failure. The User has full responsibility to determine and inquire into the failure of any transaction the User initiates.
48. If you receive any data, information, or Service through our Site other than that which you are entitled to receive pursuant to these Terms, you will immediately notify Us and will not use, in any way whatsoever, such data, information, or software.
49. If you request a withdrawal of Tokens and we cannot comply with it without closing some part of your open positions, we will not comply with the request until you have closed sufficient positions to allow you to make the withdrawal.
50. Tidex may refuse to execute a trade, impose trade amount limits or restrictions at any time in its sole discretion without notice. Specifically, Tidex reserves the right to refuse to process, or the right to cancel or reverse, any transaction or disable a User’s deposit address on the Site where Tidex suspects the transaction involves money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, or any other type of crime or if Tidex suspects the transaction relates to a prohibited use as stated in our Terms, including transactions involving the opening of an Account and subsequent closure without any actual trading occurring. Tidex provides deposit Accounts to enable trading using the Services and does not allow Users to use such Accounts as a web wallet or address changing service.
51. We reserve the right to halt deposit activity at our sole discretion. While Tidex may in its discretion reverse a trade, a User may not change, withdraw, or cancel its authorization to make a transaction, except with respect to partially filled orders.
52.Tidex may correct, reverse, or cancel any trade impacted by an error in processing your purchase or otherwise. Your remedy in the event of an error will be limited. You may seek to cancel your order or obtain a refund of any amounts charged to you, although we cannot guarantee such cancellations or refunds will always be possible.
53.Tidex provides its Users with the Site that allows Users’ orders to be matched with the orders of other Users. Orders may be partially filled or may be filled by several orders, depending on the trading activity at the time an order is placed.
54. Users acknowledge, agree and accept that there may be delays and technical difficulties in setting up an order, an order set up may not be filled in full or in part, or its filling may be substantially delayed, according to market reasons outside of Tidex control, as well as due to reasons on the side of the Site or Services, and Users indemnify and hold us harmless against any and all claims that may arise in this regard.
55. The Tokens that are available for purchase through the Services may be subject to high or low transaction volume, liquidity, and volatility at any time for potentially extended periods. You acknowledge that while we are using commercially reasonable methods to provide exchange rate information to you through our Services, the exchange rate information we provide may differ from prevailing exchange rates made available by third parties. Similarly, the actual market rate at the time of your trade may be different from the indicated prevailing rate depending on the velocity of trading in the Tokens involved in your trade. You agree that Tidex is not liable for price fluctuations or differences in actual versus indicated rates.
PERMANENT WITHDRAWAL OF SERVICE
56. Tidex may at any time and from time to time (a) suspend or terminate your access to the Services and/or to the Site entirely, and/or (b) deactivate or cancel your Account as required by a valid subpoena or court order or any other official request, or if Tidex suspects you or others of using your Account in furtherance of illegal activity.
57. You will be permitted to transfer Tokens associated with your Account for ninety (90) days after Account deactivation or cancellation unless such transfer is otherwise prohibited (i) under the law, or (ii) by a valid subpoena or court order. If any order is in a pending state at the time your Account is cancelled or suspended, such transaction may be cancelled and/or refunded as appropriate.
58.You may not cancel your Account if Tidex believes in its sole discretion that such cancellation is being performed in an effort to evade an investigation or avoid paying any amounts otherwise due to Tidex. Upon cancellation of your Account, you authorize Tidex to cancel or suspend pending transactions and, after providing electronic notice to you, return the Tokens associated with such transactions to the wallet address you provide to Tidex. If you or Tidex terminates this agreement or your access to the Services, or deactivates or cancels your Account, you will remain liable for all amounts due hereunder. If a technical problem causes system outage or Account errors, Tidex may temporarily suspend access to your Account until the problem is resolved.
OWNERSHIP OF TOKENS
59. You hereby certify to us that any Tokens used by you in connection with the Site are either owned by you or that you are validly authorized to carry out transactions using such Tokens, and that all transactions or other actions initiated with your Account are for your own Account and not on behalf of any other person or entity.
60. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Tidex, and service providers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, joint venturers, employees, attorneys, accountants, and representatives, harmless from any claim or demand (including attorneys’ fees and costs and any fines, fees or penalties imposed by any regulatory authority) arising out of or related to (i) your breach of these Terms, (ii) your use of Services, or (iii) your violation of any law, rule, or regulation, or the rights of any third party.
61. Tidex reserves the right to exercise sole control over the defense, at your expense, of any claim subject to indemnification under this Section. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and Tidex or stipulated by law.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
62. TIDEX PROVIDES NO GUARANTEE AS TO THE PERFORMANCE OR THE UNINTERRUPTED AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN «AS IS,» «AS AVAILABLE» BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TIDEX DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES. TIDEX DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE. TIDEX WILL MAKE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ENSURE THAT TRANSACTIONS ON THE SITE ARE PROCESSED IN A TIMELY FASHION BUT MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE AMOUNT OF TIME NEEDED TO PROCESS SUCH TRANSACTIONS. BECAUSE TOKEN TRANSFERS ON AND OFF THE SITE ARE DEPENDENT UPON MANY FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL INCLUDING DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACKS AND THE LIQUIDITY OF THE TOKENS TRADED ON OUR PLATFORM, AMONG OTHER FACTORS, TIDEX MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SUCCESS OF, OR THE AMOUNT OF TIME NEEDED FOR, TOKEN TRANSACTIONS. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU STORE OR TRANSFER USING THE SERVICES MAY BECOME IRRETRIEVABLY LOST OR CORRUPTED OR TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE DUE TO A VARIETY OF CAUSES, INCLUDING SOFTWARE FAILURES, THIRD PARTY PROTOCOL CHANGES, INTERNET OUTAGES, THIRD PARTY DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACKS, ACTS OF GOD OR UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO BACK UP AND SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION, INCLUDING LOGIN CREDENTIALS, AT ALL TIMES.
63. You acknowledge that Tidex does not act or serve as your broker, intermediary, agent, custodian, or advisor with respect to any transaction you make or propose to make using the Services and owes you no fiduciary duty.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
64. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TIDEX SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR TORT DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS) IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND SITE, EVEN IF TIDEX HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL TIDEX’S LIABILITY FOR MONEY DAMAGES UNDER THESE TERMS EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FEES RECEIVED FROM YOU DURING THE PRECEDING SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD.
APPLICABLE LAW AND VENUE; WAIVER OF CLASS ACTIONS
65. The Terms shall be governed in all respects, including as to validity, interpretation and effect, by the laws of the Cayman Islands, without giving effect to its principles or rules of conflict of laws, to the extent such principles or rules are not mandatorily applicable by statute and would permit or require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. All parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Cayman Islands in respect of any dispute or claims arising out of or in connection with the Terms.
66. No Class Arbitrations. Class Actions or Representative Actions.
Any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms is personal to you and you hereby agree that such dispute will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding. There will be no class arbitration or arbitration in which an individual attempts to resolve a dispute as a representative of another individual or group of individuals. Further, a dispute cannot be brought as a class or other type of representative action, whether within or outside of arbitration, or on behalf of any other individual or group of individuals
67. If any provision of these Terms is deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Any delay or failure by Tidex to enforce any of its rights shall not constitute a continuing waiver of such rights.
68. The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms and any policies or operating rules posted by us constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Services, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications, and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of these Terms). Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms shall not be construed against the drafting party.
69. In addition to applicable disclaimers stated above, Tidex’s performance under these Terms shall be excused in the event of interruption and/or delay due to, or resulting from, causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, acts of any government, war or other hostility, civil disorder, the elements, fire, flood, snow storm, earthquake, explosion, embargo, acts of terrorism, power failure, equipment failure, industrial or labor disputes or controversies, acts of any third party data provider(s) or other third party information provider(s), third party software, or communication method interruptions.
GOVERNING LANGUAGE AND TRANSLATIONS
71. If Tidex is unable to return your Tokens to a third-party Account for you after a period of inactivity, Tidex may report and remit the Tokens to an applicable government agency pursuant to applicable escheatment or unclaimed property laws.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
72. You agree and acknowledge that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Tidex provides pursuant to these Terms, may be provided in electronic form.
73. To contact support, go to https://tidex.freshdesk.com and open a ticket. Please provide all relevant information, including your Tidex Username and transaction IDs of any related deposits. Although we make no representations or provide no warranties about the speed of response, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
74. Staking program means when Tidex proposes staking services and the User you buy or hold one of the Token eligible for staking.
75. Tidex may from time to time launch Staking Programs for specific types of Token to reward, as per certain rules, Users who hold such Token in their Tidex accounts. Tidex has the right to initiate or terminate Staking Program for any Token or modify rules on such programs in its sole discretion.
76. The User has the sole right to determine the amount of User’s Tokens which will be staked pursuant to this agreement.
77. The User shall be responsible for payment of all applicable taxes.
78. In order to use the Staking Services, the User must opt-in by selecting the Token to stake from the User’s account. By opting-in a portion or the entire balance, Tidex shall remit to User the applicable percentage of staking rewards attributable to User’s staked Tokens (“Staking Rewards”). The percentage and timing of such remittances will:
(i) be determined by Tidex in its sole discretion;
(ii) be subject to Tidex’s staking fee;
(iii) be further detailed in the User’s Account.
79. The User agrees and understands that Tidex does not guarantee the receiving of Staking Rewards and that the applicable percentage of Staking Rewards (i) is an estimate only and not guaranteed, (ii) may change at any time in Tidex’s sole discretion.
80. Tidex cannot guarantee uninterrupted or error-free operation of the Staking Services or that Tidex will correct all defects or prevent third-party disruptions or unauthorized third party access. In the event of such disruptions, any staked Tokens may not be generating the Staking Rewards.